Wednesday 23 November 2011

Another mantle clock to repair.


Well the cuckoo clock customer was so happy they have given me another clock to repair. This time a mantle clock. This clock was the grandma's wedding anniversary present or something.. well anyway it holds a very high sentimental value. The clock is very heavy for its looks. The movement appears large in its case. Customer says it is over-wound? Well i'll look at it at the weekend. I just dont like the idea of the springs sitting there fully wound held fast in a clock for ages. I could do with releasing the tension for a while.
The customer also has an 18th C longcase clock, countwheel strike, chain drive, in grubby, tired, (but not bad) condition. The case also has woodworm. I think the project is in my pipeline and coming my way soon.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I guest the best solution would be a cyanocrilate glue or similar, of course you will have to make a mirror copy of the numerals to the other side. But... is just an idea!

    QUESTION: Are you interested on selling your wheel cutter, I mean the homemade one?

    regards gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutter is not for sale sorry.

    ReplyDelete